- This event has passed.
Chalk Walk Contest
October 21 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm EDT$5.00
Celebrate River South and transform the sidewalks of Downtown Bainbridge into works of art!
The contest is open to individuals and groups. As a registered participant or group of 2-4, you will be given a square of sidewalk located in front of the Firehouse Arts Center and Court House in Downtown Bainbridge. 3×3 Squares will be assigned upon check in on the morning of the event. The FUN event is a great way to create community!
- Best Kid’s Overall (ages 12 and under)
- Best Teens and Adults Overall (ages 13 and up)
- People’s Choice
$5 entry fee. Pre-registration is required. Entries will be processed in the order they are received. Sign ups need to be in by October 18th.
Event Schedule – Saturday, October 21st
- 9:30 -10 a.m. – Individuals and groups check in at The Firehouse Arts Center Courtyard.
- 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. – Participants will work on creating their masterpieces. All are welcome to come see them at work.
- 2 p.m. – A group of judges representing Downtown Bainbridge and River South view the artwork and cast their votes.
- 3 – 4 p.m. – The public can cast their votes for People’s Choice at the Firehouse Arts Center Courtyard.
- Around 4 p.m. – The winners are announced, and prizes are given out between bands.
Should bring their own:
- Creativity! /Design
- Knee pads or cushion if needed
Some chalk will be sold at the time of the event but we highly recommend that you bring your own.
- Only washable chalk may be in your design. No acrylic paints, liquid pastels, oil -based pastels, hard pastels, etc. will be allowed
- Designs must not exceed beyond their designated square. Approximate size of square will be about 3’x3’. Not all squares are the same.
- All artwork must be appropriate for public viewing by all ages; No nudity or foul language.
- No political messages, words or symbols intended as advertising may appear in the image or space provided
- Organizers have the right to disqualify and/or remove any inappropriate art or writing as they deem necessary
- Spaces will be assigned on first come first served basis
- Official judging based on first impression, creativity, originality, and skill. Decision of the judges are final.